Networking a printer enables you to the printer wirelessly from any network-enabled computer. This can help you to save both time and money. Moreover it also reduces the number of printers required, as you can connect your printer to the multiple computers easily. Though you can directly connect your printer to the network, while the networking way you choose might differ that depends on your printer hardware. For more information, consult experts at HP Help Number.
Here, we have discussed the two different methods that you can choose to use a router in order to make an HP Printer a Wireless Printer-
- Here, you need to connect the Ethernet cable from the one end to the port that found on the printer. Then, simply connect the cable from the other end to an available port on the router. In addition, you can connect the printer to an available network wall jack.
- Now, you have to hit the power button to turn on the printer and wait for few minutes till the printer and router communicate before proceeding.
- In the next step, you are required use the control panel of the printer in order to print a configuration page. Here, the page contains networking information, which includes the IP address to the printer. Moreover, you can use the control panel in order to allocate an IP address to your printer. In addition, the steps to print the page and to configure the IP address differ from model to model.
- In the last step, you need to install the printer software on any network computer. Simply use the installation CD that shipped with the printer and further goes through the onscreen instructions in order to install the software. In the next step, you need to enter the IP address that appears on the configuration page you printed when prompted. Alternatively, search for the printer among available network devices. Reboot your computer to complete the installation. The installation process may vary depending on your specific model of printer.
- Allow the “File and Print Sharing” on the computer that directly connected to the printer. You need to click “Start” and then type “Network” in the search box that is placed in the top-right corner of the “Control Panel” screen. Further choose the “Control Panel” Enable File and Print Sharing on the computer directly connected to the printer. Here, you need to choose the “Network and Sharing Center” from the options that located on the left and then choose select the “Change Advanced Sharing Settings” option.
- In the next step, you need to click “Start” followed by “Devices and Printers” in order to launch the Devices and Printers dialog box.
- Now, browse the available printers till you find the one that you want to share. Then you need to right-click the printer and further click the “Properties” option from the details that appear.
- Once you complete the above step, you need to click the “Sharing” tab to check the Sharing properties for the printer. Then click in order to choose the “Share this Printer” option. Here a check appears once you enable the option.